Thanks for checking out Jim Schmotzer & associates.
I am committed to helping individuals and organizations discover, learn, and grow toward your desired future.
My life experience has connected me with hundreds of individuals and numerous organizational settings. In all of these interactions I have worked to help people understand and explore these questions:
- Who am I?
- Why am I here?
- Where do I want to go?
- How can I get there?
- Who can help me?
My promise is to help you become more fully yourself (not a copy of me or someone else). Through evaluation, exploration, resourcing, understanding, decision making and goal setting I will help you develop and put into action a plan for forward progress.
Previously I have directed a large campus ministry and served in supportive leadership roles in two local churches as well as directing programs at a camp/conference center. I spent a few years as a elementary school teacher and coach and have been an instructor for City University Graduate School of Education and a community parent educator. I have a M.Ed., Adult Education from WWU and a B.S. from Oregon College of Education (Western Oregon University). I have written for numerous publications including: Leadership, Group, Christian Camp and Conference Journal, Church Administration, Journal of Adult Training, and Youthworker.
I am married to Connie who is the office coordinator for Bethany Christian Services Bellingham. We have two adult sons; Kyle (married to Sarah) and Michael and four grandchildren. My blog of poetry and micro-fiction can be found at http://thefaithfulskeptic.blogspot.com/
Following are some of the organizations I have worked with:
- M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust http://www.murdock-trust.org/enrichment-programs/vision-call-internships.php
- UKirk, Presbyterian Church USA Collegiate Ministry http://www.ukirk.org/
- Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO) http://www.ccojubilee.org/
- imagineDS http://imagineds.com/
- Experience Mission http://www.experiencemission.org/
- Rebound of Whatcom County http://www.reboundwc.org/
- Tacoma College Ministry http://lighthousetcm.org/
- Trinity Western University Bellingham http://www.twubellingham.com/
- Crossings Church, Knoxville TN http://www.crossingsknoxville.com/
- College Union (United Methodist College Ministry leaders) http://collegeunion.org/refresh/
- Birchwood Presbyterian Church, Bellingham http://www.bpchurch.org/
- The Firs, Bellingham WA http://www.thefirs.org/